Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Soliciting birthday party ideas...

Tina and I are still very new to this whole parenting thing (kids are SUPPOSED to cry all the time, right?), and we therefore turn to you, faithful blog readers who also happen to be parents, and ask for your suggestions about where to have a kids' birthday party. You see, Trey turns 2 in a month or so, and we have no idea what to do. Should we invite a bunch of other kids over, let them destroy our house, and have cake and ice cream? Should we go somewhere else, i.e. a place where small children are actually welcome, for a party? Is Chuck E. Cheese's a good idea? The last time I went there was on my 24th birthday, so I can't remember if it was any fun. Is there some other place that would make for a fun 2-year-old birthday party? It'll probably be too hot to do anything outdoorsy, unless it involves a pool and/or water activities.

So, any suggestions/recommendations/ideas?

3 comments:

Del and Tina said...

Trey doesn't cry all the time...
:( You're in trouble!

Tina :)

Andrea said...

I love your garden and your new faucet and I would so do a pool party if I was still in TX. Happy birthday Trey!

Unknown said...

I'd just do the party at your house, 2 year olds don't quite appreciate Chuckee Cheese. You can always do a cute theme, like pirates or spiderman or something that Trey likes. Do cupcakes & skip the ice cream (too messy!) It is crazy having lots of kids over, but fun too. We did a party with kids for Thomas's 2nd birthday & it was a lot of fun (we skipped a party for his 3rd.) Here's a cool website that has tons of ideas:
http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/party_ideas.html

Big Brother is watching you.