Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Garden and sink updates

That's an attention-grabbing title, isn't it? Garden and sink updates. Amazing.

Due to the overwhelming number of requests (overwhelming = zero), we have decided to provide our blog-reading audience with a few recent pictures of the garden. And here they are:



As you can see, the cantaloupe plants (near side of the top picture and far side of the bottom picture) are taking over the place. Two of them in particular have really taken off in the past few weeks.


Here's another shot of the cantaloupe plants that are taking over the garden.


And here's a shot of the biggest cantaloupe that we currently have. For some reason, I feel like it should be kept off the wet soil. Is that true? If so, how do you arrange that?


Some of the flowers on one of our tomato plants. Hopefully, these will grow into salmonella-free tomatoes some day.


These are our tiny little cucumbers. Right now, they look like little baby pickles. I bet they don't taste like pickles, though.


Our latest home improvement project was to replace the kitchen faucet. This is what our old one looked like:
The porcelain enamel stuff was chipping off all over the place, and it was just starting to show its age. So, we replaced it with a new Price Pfister model:


It's a very different look, but we like it. Most importantly, it hasn't leaked yet! Maybe that means that I installed it correctly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am totally jealous of your garden. I had good luck with my tomatoes, but was afraid to try anything else. You give me the desire to try! Love ya, Mom

Big Brother is watching you.