Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Halloweeny!

October is officially my favorite time of year! I love it. I've been telling Del that I wanted him to get the Halloween stuff out of the attic, and finally he said, "Why don't you do it?" He would do it, but seeing as I was so insistant, I certainly could do it if it couldn't wait for him to get home from work, right? And so today I braved the steep fold-down ladder in our garage and ventured upward to our hot & stuffy attic. This was a pretty big thing for me because I am afraid of heights and it reminded me of the time I fell backwards down this rocket slide thing where there was a ladder and someone grabbed me by my foot so I was hanging upside down from the second story...Okay, I can't really explain it, but I was a kid and it was scary. Well, that's what crossed my mind while being in the attic. I kept telling myself to stay away from the opening and don't step backwards. Eventually, I found the Halloween stuff and carefully brought it down. Here are a few photos of some of our decorations.

This is the witch that Del's sister Nicole made us shortly after we got married 9 1/2 YEARS AGO! Can you believe it's been that long? Anyway, I think it is very cute and Nicole is quite crafty! I don't know if you can read it but it says, "Welcome Dearies."

This is our mantle. Only 3 Halloween decorations! What's with that? Guess I need to go shopping! Just kidding.

No comments:

Big Brother is watching you.