Here's the link to a quilt shop in downtown Garland that I really like: http://www.suzysquilts.com/
Del's Grandpa Doyle second from left on the back row. Picture of him on his mission in Brazil back in the '40s. These two pictures were in the Ensign magazine recently because Grandpa Doyle had been companions with Pres. Faust. Pretty cool!
Elder Doyle, far left.
Since we're posting pictures of Del's grandpa, I thought I'd put a picture of my Grandaddy Ator on here too. Here's a picture of Grandaddy and Grandma Rene (my mom's parents).
My grandaddy was a sailor and a plankowner (original crewman) for the USS Midway that is now docked in San Diego. Here's his plankowner certificate.
5 comments:
Hey guys! I was so excited to see the old pics of Grandpa. I had no clue they were in the Ensign. We haven't gotten one since moving. (Whoops, shoulda changed the address!) The plank certificate is really cool! Tina, you look so much like your Grandma! I miss you guys so much. Are you going to Arizona for Christmas? Let me know what your plans are. Hope you're doing well. Talk to you soon!
i was blog browsing and found yours. My husband's name is Del too! I've never met anyone else with that name. Just thought I would say hi!
I had no idea Grandpa Doyle was companions with Pres. Faust? What Ensign were those pictures in? It's so fun checking out your new pictures of Trey. He's getting so big! Del Wayne - Jared's way pumped to play fantasy basketball!
Holly, actually, the pictures were from the Church News not the Ensign. It was from just a few weeks ago. I'll have to check with Del Wayne. :) --Tina
Hey, it was great to hear from you guys. Those pictures are so cool,
Billy thought it was so cool! Keep in touch.
Erin & Billy
Post a Comment