Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I haven't yet decided if I should post something every single day on here. My life's not exciting enough to require an everyday post. Maybe Tina's life is, however. I'll see if she's interested in making the occasional post here.

At work yesterday, I spent probably too long on a particular case that the head partner assigned to me. It's one of those cases involving one of his friends, so you know that I'll be lucky if a client/matter number is ever set up to allow me to enter my time. More than likely, I'll never be able to bill for the time that I spend on the case. That really motivates me to do a GREAT job.

After work, there was a near showdown on the DART train. A couple of seats away there was this black, drunk guy (ok, I'm assuming that he was drunk based on the fact that he started talking to no one in particular, his speech was heavily slurred, and his eyes had the typical "glazed-over" look going on). He started mumbling stuff out loud; honestly, it was so slurred that I couldn't understand a word he was saying. He was actually seated two rows to my left, as I was seated in one of the "side-facing" seats. In the row between me and this mumbling drunk guy was a rather large black lady, dressed in the uniform of a private security guard. After the guy mumbles aloud for a little while, the lady between us turned around at him and practically yelled, "DO NOT TOUCH ME." Apparently, he had touched her. The security guard lady got off at the next stop, and about one stop later, some DART police approached the guy and escorted him off the train. They even handcuffed him on the platform. I lost interest in the matter when the train pulled away from the station. Wow, that was some serious drama.

Tina had "book club" last night, so I spent most of the evening alone (Tina would argue that I spent the ENTIRE evening alone, as I continued to play Age of Empires even after she got home around 9 p.m. or so). "Book club" is a scam. So is "recipe exchange" club. These women just get together to eat and chit-chat. No books are discussed, and no recipes are exchanged. (Ok, these are unsubstantiated theories, as I've never attended a "book club" meeting or a "recipe exchange.")

Baby stuff: Tina's due date is September 2nd. She's hoping that the baby will come early. She'll be considered "term" in another few weeks, and she wouldn't mind if he came at 37 weeks. That would be right around my birthday (August 19th). She has another doctor's appointment tomorrow, and she's going to meet with a pediatrician on Friday. Apparently, a parent picking a pediatrician is like a young maiden choosing the best suitor. It's not uncommon for the parent(s) to interview the pediatrician and find out if he's the right one for them and their unborn child. I'm not sure how anyone can decide whether a pediatrician will be good for an unborn child, but that's the process, and we're going to follow tradition, darn it.

No comments:

Big Brother is watching you.