On Monday we visited BYU campus. Del surprised me by having my former roommate, Catherine, meet up with us!! It was SOO GREAT to see her and her kids!! Here we are outside the BYU bookstore. Things around campus have changed a lot. No more "Cougar Eat" as we knew it! Now it's Taco Bell, etc., very commercialized. I used to love to get their Indian tacos, which is like a taco salad on thick Indian frybread with ranch dressing...mmm...and I loved to go to their Italian food area and get a big old meal of pasta, salad, garlic bread and chocolate milk. That was a big treat. I also actually miss the big orange booths we used to sit in and people watch.
This is Trey outside the engineering building. My dad made the circular "donut" on the top of this sculpture back when he went to school here. Anytime anyone visits BYU we have to get a picture with the donut!
Trey touching the donut!
I just love all of the trees and landscaping on campus. It is beautiful. You feel like you're at an arboretum.
This little shack is what is famously known as, "Jay Dawgs." Apparently, a BYU student did a business plan for one of his classes which consisted of opening up a hot dog stand south of campus, and then he put that plan into action resulting in Jay Dawgs and lots of money. I guess Del and I are the last ones to have heard about it because it seems everyone we know has recommended it to us since we've been here!
They score the dog in a special way and have a "special" sauce which is like a sweet barbecue sauce.
This is a photo of not only of our blue and very functional stroller, but also a side view of Jay Dawgs in the background. We ate our hot dogs in the shade nearby. It was 98 degrees that day. You can see that they have little tables set up in the parking lot behind them, but they were all taken. Del said that when we got ready to leave there was a line of customers going down the street!
No comments:
Post a Comment