Saturday, November 10, 2007

WHAT'S COOKIN'?

I was making Cream Cheese Pinwheels for a party I'm going to tonight with some friends from church and noticed my camera sitting right by where I was working and thought this looked pretty...the green and black, etc. and so I decided to take a picture! Here is the pinwheel in the making with just the spread on it.

Here it is rolled.

Here they are cut.

This is my mom's recipe...so I'll include it for any who might be interested!

Flour tortillas (large)

2 - 8oz. pkgs. cream cheese

1 sm. can chopped green chilies

1 sm. can chopped black olives

1 chopped green onion (stem too)

few sprinkles of garlic powder

1/2 cup finely chopped pecans

Mix all together. Spread mixture on complete area of flour tortillas. Roll-up and wrap tightly in saran wrap. Place rolls on plate and let set overnight. When ready to serve, unwrap and slice with a sharp knife. Arrange on serving dish.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Tina, the pinwheels were so yummy! thanks for posting the recipe

Unknown said...

I'm craving these! They were so good. I'm going to have to make them just to snack on!

Unknown said...

I have to try this recipe! Thanks Tina! I can't wait to see you at Christmas. It's coming up soooo soon! Tell Trey and Del Wayne hi for us. Love you guys!

Big Brother is watching you.