
My cousin Julie flew in to town from Utah. She was waiting for us at my parents house when we got back from Virginia! It was so good to see her! She is my only girl cousin. And I'm her only girl cousin too. I have 5 cousins all together and she has only 2 (my bro. and I). Pretty crazy we come from such a small family! She is like my sister, really. She is Trey's first cousin once removed, but I think we'll just call her Aunt Julie instead of saying,"Your 1st cousin once removed is coming to town!"

Trey and Julie. Julie visited with us from Thurs. through Sun. and then she had to fly back to Utah. Usually, when we get together we end up talking all night...like when Del and I flew to Utah for a family reunion and we ended up staying up until 5:00am in the morning without even knowing it was so late!!! Well, we didn't exactly get that talking time in this time...I miss Julie! I'm hoping she will move down here some day so that we can talk and sew and eat lots of food (see below) and watch sports, ETC.! She and my mom worked on sewing camp pillows for 2 of my nieces and also made 3 sets of camp pajama bottoms. I worked at organizing my mom's scrapbook stickers...filing them according to category. So we spent time together doing stuff...It was fun!
It's a tradition that whenever Julie is in town that we have to go to Pappadeauxs (cajun seafood). It's always my mom, Julie, and me...or just my mom and Julie if I'm not around...Anyway, it's pretty embarrassing because I think we order enough for 5 people! Usually an appetizer or two (or more?)...meals...desserts....etc. It's pretty funny. Oh, and I don't like seafood, either. So, I obviously just go for the company.
Yummy fruit drinks before the meal...
Here's a picture of Julie and me at Pappadeauxs.
Julie and Trey...cousins...aunt and nephew...friend...sister-in-law... okay, never mind.

Trey is liking Pappadeauxs! Trey loved playing with Julie and missed her when she left! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment