We just got back from a short, overnight trip to Jefferson, Texas. Tina and I went there for the 4th of July three years ago, and this time we invited Tina's parents (Walter and Cindy) to join us. Trey also joined us, and we're not sure he enjoyed going from car-seat to stroller to car-seat to stroller so many times. He was a good sport, though, and hardly ever cried. The first weekend of May is "Pilgrimage" weekend in Jefferson, and it's quite an event for this tiny little town. The town hosts a huge Civil War battle reenactment, but in the end Walter and I watched the battle reenactment while the girls kept Trey and shopped in downtown Jefferson. The town also puts on a "skirmish," and Civil War reenactors chased each other down the streets of the town and put on a show. These guys took their jobs very seriously, but I think they were having the times of their lives.
Here a few pictures of the "town skirmish" (please ignore the obvious anachronisms like cars, power lines, digital cameras, etc.):


A few pictures taken at lunch:



No comments:
Post a Comment